Monday 19 July 2010

Jays Arrive in Force

Well what a lovely sight I woke up to today. The Jays had bought their new family of babies down into the garden for a visit. I saw 4 chicks but I heard more. They were so cute and were squabbling over everything and even getting told off by mum and dad quite often too. Their Crest's were up and down like a new found game and the noise! They sounded like a herd of constipated Wilderbeast with sore throats. I didn't manage to get a photo of all the mayhem but Alan got these two shots of the adults. I did get this little photo of a lovely baby Great Tit just before he slid down the rail in the rain. There were more than usual Chaffinches in the garden today, not sure why as I'd forgotten to fill the feeder up. Oh yes, there was a great big Black Toad in the shed today too, wonder if he lives there? The woodpeckers were here too, no baby though but they seem to be getting tamer, which is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment