Monday 21 June 2010

Blue Tit Chick

It was a scorcher here in Snowdonia today which I think had something to do with the garden being so quiet. Very few birds visited the feeder but my mum did catch a glimpse of a Blue Tit feeding her chick. I wonder if it could be one from our box that survived? I cleaned the Nest Box out today and all that was in it was one perfectly formed egg. Incredible to think that came out of a Blue Tit! This evening, I ate some more home grown Strawberries they were gorgeous and picked handfuls of mange tout. The Beetroot and Carrots are not far behind. There are not many Butterflies around but I did spot this daytime flying moth hidden in the wild patch. I didn't have much time in the garden today hence the short blog. Hopefully I'll be back on form tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment