Tuesday 22 June 2010

Where have all the birds gone?

Where have all the birds gone? I've sat watching for hours today and saw hardly anything moving in the garden. It's quite spooky. Maybe they are punishing me for going away last week and not keeping the food topped up. As I have no birdy photo's to show you I thought I would add some photo's of a Baby Bat I rescued a while ago. He was found on the ground in some leaf litter and was too young to fly. He was smaller than my thumb nail and looked and moved like an alien!He was in such a poor way that I ended up having to hand feed him and he lived in a sock hung from my neck. When he got stronger I was able to return him to his roost. I really loved looking after him. Back to my baron garden, well are are no birds but my veggies are doing well. I had to pick a load of Radishes today as they were about to bolt. The mange tout has not made it as far as a plate yet. My wild Fox Gloves are in flower. I've decided it's time to measure my Sunflowers. My tallest one today is 12 inches high. I've never grown them before so have no idea how quick they grow or even when they flower. I really should be measuring my nettles as they tower above me now. I did spot some pooh on the lawn today which looks very much like Bunny Pooh. I'll have to keep a look out for him.

1 comment:

  1. lovely to have you back Lucy (been following since Springwatch) - you take such glorious photographs! to get to know your own spot so intimately is a real challenge.

    ReplyDelete