Sunday 20 June 2010

I'm Back

I'm back, I wish I could say from a fantastic holiday but unfortunately I spent most of it hooked up to drips at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. It wasn't all bad though, I did get to go to Pensthorp where SpringWatch is being filmed and saw Chris Peckam and Kate Humble practicing their lines for the evening show, which was quite exciting. Back to my garden, well it's definitely been dry since I went away as all my veggies had wilted. My strawberries have survived though, I will certainly be having a bowl full for dinner tonight. The birds are keeping their distance today, I think the feeder has been left to run out. There were plenty of flies in the wild patch. This one was so tiny, it just looked like a black dot until I zoomed in.Now I haven't a clue what this is! I found it wriggling along the decking. It's the grub of something, but what? My money is on a crane fly, i've never seen one before but I know they are called Leather Jackets and this seems to fit the description.Hopefully tomorrow the blog will be back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment