Tuesday 27 April 2010

Nest Building


I've not had much time to sit and enjoy the wildlife today but I did spot this little chappy still busy collecting wool, for his nest. Now we have plenty of Niger Seeds again, the Siskins are back here in force. They are so well camouflaged when they eat off the ground, arn't they.The Buzzards have been very vocal today. I could even hear them from my bed with the window closed! The are constantly getting attacked by the crows, the poor things. Oh, I think I've discovered the mystery about the falling Hedgehog the other night. I think I may have disturbed them mating, hence his unsteadiness at the top of the step and his surprise when I showed up with lights shining. Its certainly the right time of year and would explain the funny noises too.

No comments:

Post a Comment