Monday 29 March 2010

Bernie's Back

I've just spotted a Squirrel through the kitchen window. It looks like Bernie but just very skinny. The markings match but the only thing making me unsure is I thought it was Bernie who turned up back on the 14th Feb with a badly injured ear which I doubt could have healed that well. I think maybe I was wrong back in Feb as this certainly looks like out Bernie. It was only yesterday that I noticed the Hazel nut shells piling up at the base of the tree's. I've been out most of the day so didn't get the chance to take many photo's but I do have loads from the past few days to share with you. When I was out in the woods yesterday I saw lots of new holly bushes sprouting up everywhere .. I did do a little bit of tidying in the garden yesterday as I wanted to clear the winter's worth of seed husks from the ground. Much to my surprise as I dug up the husks I came across hundreds of worms literally a inch under the soil. I also got stung by some newly opened Nettles too. The 'Redcurrant'? I think, bush is starting to flower in the garden. This poor female Chaffinch turned up with the worse case of Papilloma virus I've seen. She was still managing to walk around ok, despite the deformity to both feet. This hole in the wild part of the garden has been dug out some more in the last couple of days. I did put more food out for the hedgehogs last night but they never appeared. However, a couple of babies did arrived in the early hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment