Sunday 28 March 2010

Hedgehogs & Frog Spawn

I've been putting out peanuts each evening for the past week but every evening they are still there when I go to bed, until last night. I opened the door just before midnight and they were gone. I couldn't hear or see anything so I set up watch in the bedroom with the light off to see if anything appeared. After about an hour I spotted a lone Hedgehog scurrying across the lawn. It was too dark to take a photo so this is one from Autumn last year, just before they hibernated. Today I went for a walk in the woods in front of the house and saw some amazing Lichen with bright red stems and there were blankets of moss which looked soft enough to snuggle up on. We've been so lucky with the weather, the ground was bone dry and the leaves crunched loudly beneath my feet. Oh yes, we have Frog Spawn all along the gully's at the side of the farm track. We've had two single Lambs over night, which is great. Its so much easier for the Ewe to protect her lamb when there's just one. The Woodpeckers are in fine colour and early this morning the whole air was filled with their hammering. Daisy's are out too.
I have so much more to tell you but I'll leave it until tomorrow, spread it out a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment