Saturday 30 January 2010

IT'S SNOWED AGAIN

I woke up to a snow covered garden this morning which was quite unexpected. The woodpeckers were feasting on the suet block I'd just put out, it certainly is the most popular food out of all on the feeder. The Robin was getting well stuck in too, almost literally! I was thinking about birds in flight shots and how much easier it is to take photo's of Chaffinches and Robins in flight than it is Coal and Blue Tits. I'm guessing the smaller birds must flap their wings quicker and mover quicker too. I did catch the back end of this little Blue Tit. I noticed something moving in the hedge next door and when I looked closer saw it was a big sheep trying to reach the very top leaves. The Nuthatches were all out today using the fence post to bash the sunflower seeds open. And Cheeky the stray was out in the garden too. I couldn't resist taking a photo of him walking through the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment