Saturday 12 December 2009

I'm back

I'm here, I'm here. Sorry I've not posted for so long but I've been ever so poorly. As always, the garden has been carrying on quite happily without me and now the sun is finally shining again, it's brimming with wildlife. Yesterday I woke up to a hard frost outside and the feeder was completely empty. I put some food out and it took a couple of hours for all the usual birds to turn up. Mr No Tail was here straight away though, singing his heart out as he stood amongst the frosted leaves.The Squirrels have been hiding away throughout the horrid weather but yesterday, as soon as that sun came out, Bernie was back, helping herself to the peanuts. The Jays are still around in force. I think there's a group of 5 living near by. I wonder if they roost together like others in the crow family? I must read up on that. The sun definitely makes the garden look so much more alive. I've even noticed some new growth on a tree or shrub? at the top of the garden, at this time of year? I can't see what it is from the house. This Great Tit looks well fed, unless he was just fluffed up to keep himself warm in the frost. The Blue Tits are loving the sun. I don't think the Woodpecker's have left my garden since I refilled the feeder yesterday. There was a fantastic sky yesterday morning when we had the hard frost. Oh can't forget the Robin's. All three are still here and are still chasing each other. And finally, there's me. I'm still not very well and I'm not going to be around for a while to update my blog. No need to worry though, I'll be back online before the New Year is in I'm sure.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and some of you get to enjoy a lovely Christmas early morning walk, with a bright clear sky.
(There is a button somewhere to click, where you can become a 'follower'. This means you get an email the next time an entry is posted on the blog, to save having to keep looking. I think it's really easy to set up if you're a member of MSN already but a bit of a pain if you're not, or is that a member of Yahoo. Oh I don't know. Sorry, I thought that suggestion might be useful but maybe only try it, if you're not in a rush to do anything else or have a 7 year old nearby to help
;-) I've enjoyed so much having you all reading my blog over the last few months, I hope you all come back after Christmas when I'll be back on form again.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not seeing the email button you mentioned. Can you direct me to that? Your photos are wonderful as usual - especially the ones with the frosty grass. Sorry to hear you've not been well ragain ecently. Hope the next year will be a happier and healthier one for you.

    Best wishes, Portybelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have capture the sweetest little animals and nature.. I really like your photos.

    I will need to update my Kodak camera it's a nice camera but not digital.

    Do you mind if I ask what type of camera you use?
    Thank you. Vetsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO sorry you are not well and we wish you a happy and healthier new year.WE will miss your blogs in the mean time enjoy a peacefull christmas with love Margaret and Ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous portrayal of your garden wildlife unfolding through the year...your photos are wonderful - thank you for sharing all this!
    I do hope your health improves and that you have a resful festive season. Look forward to hearing more in the new year. xxx Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you have been unwell! Get better soon, and have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete