Sunday 6 December 2009

Gloomy day

Everything has felt quite glum in the garden today. Whether its the weather or the fact that not much is growing and the mammals seem to have gone I don't know, but it definitely feels gloomy. It's even been a week since I've seen any of the squirrels, how strange is that? The birds are still about, although they were struggling in the hail and rain today. I have tried some more new food on the birds this week, which I'd not heard of before. Its taken a few days for them to show an interest but today the Blue Tits and Sparrows were well tucking into the new Fruit fat balls. They came without net bags too, which is a bonus. As so little has happened on the mammal front recently, I thought I would route out a photograph from earlier on this year to cheer myself up. I remember feeling so lucky when I managed to take this photograph of the fox and a hedgehog both at the same time. Roll on the spring.

1 comment:

  1. Missing your usual daily blog. Hope all is well with you. Regards from an Autumnwatch fan.

    ReplyDelete