Saturday 5 December 2009

Black Birds

Its been a day of the Black Birds today. Not quite sure what is going on with who although Mr No Tail has come back, which is great news. He turned up this morning with two females then shortly after got chased off by a very fine looking male Black Bird who was a lot bigger than him. Neither of the females seemed impressed by the new boy though and hung around under the hedge until Mr No Tail came back. With all these Black Birds around the Sparrow hawk wasn't far away and I somehow managed to miss a photo of him even though he landed only meters away from me and I had my camera switched on. He didn't catch anything in the garden whilst I was watching I'm glad to say. We had a visit from a Siskin today, it looks like one of this years juveniles. He was loving the Niger seeds I put out for the Goldfinches. Oh I saw Phil the Pheasant fly today for the first time. 'Cheeky' the feral cat (yes he's still about) decided to be adventurous and started to stalk Phil. Next thing I know Phil is squawking his head off in flight and Cheeky is looking rather confused coming out of the hedge. The Buzzards have been flying low over the garden today and being very vocal, didn't manage any good photo's of them though. Could do with some nice sunny days now so I can get some nice photographs again.

No comments:

Post a Comment