Thursday 31 December 2009

Happy New Year

Merry Christmas every one, I'm back ! I went away to Tenerife with my family for the festivities and had a lovely time in the sunshine.
It was a bit of a shock getting off the plane and feeling the bitterness of the cold on my hands and face. As you can see we still have snow. My neighbour has been busy putting out fat balls whilst I was away so the birds haven't gone without. They did look excited when the peanuts and sunflowers seeds appeared again though. Since I've been back I've not seen any of the Squirrels or the Jays. There are lots of Chaffinches, Sparrows, Dunnocks, Blue Tits and Great Tits about. The two Nuthatches and 3 Robins are still about too. Whats nice is they're all getting on. All the chasing and displaying they have been doing over the past few months seems to have taken second place to finding food right now.
Happy New Year Everybody x

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see you back, I love sharing your garden.

    ReplyDelete