Saturday 21 November 2009

Its so dark

Wasn't it dark today? I had to have the big light on in the lounge at lunch time today just to see my dinner. I wonder how it affects the wildlife outside. The feeder seemed as busy as usual but there was no sign of any of the squirrels today. In fact we're not doing very well on the mammal front at all at the moment, well apart from the feral cat and I don't think he counts. With the Hedgehogs hibernating and the fox, oh, don't want to think about that one, the garden is certainly lacking some decent mammal action. I've not even seen a mouse or a vole in weeks. What I would really love to do is get hold of a decent infra red camera and see which mammals come out when it gets dark in the garden. That would be so much fun. I wonder if you can hire them? Imagine if you found dor mice or a Pine Martin *#*#*#dreams*#*#*#* Wow, back in the real world...........
My Suet Square challenge didn't go very well today. Only managed 5 birds at one time but I did get this photo which I adore. I love the little Blue Tit in flight about to join the much larger Woodpecker and Great Tit. Maybe my challenge should also include, How many different types of birds at one time' as well as 'how many'. Oh before I forget, want to say a big hello to Joanne and my Aunty Maureen. I was so made up when I heard you had visited my blog. I hope we get to catch up soon :-) The Horses and the Black Sheep are still in the field at the front of the house. I may go out tomorrow with some carrots to see if I can get some nice photo's of their faces rather than a load of bums!
Well I kept to my word about the fat ball net bags. It was a yucky job and me being lazy, tried to do it without scissors at first which left me with fat gunk down all my nails and a sore finger where the net wouldn't break :-( I eventually went and got the scissors which will now live in the bird food rack. Lets hope they start selling them without the nets soon, hey Dragons Den here I come....

No comments:

Post a Comment