Saturday 31 October 2009

The storm is coming

Its been like Piccadilly Circus in the garden today. There were so many birds flying about at one point, it felt almost eerie. I think they all know there's gales and torrential rain due tomorrow and are busy filling their belly's as tomorrow will be a nightmare for them.
We had some new visitors again today. A pair of black birds. I was hoping it was Mr No Tail and his Mrs but it wasn't. Maybe its one of this years chicks and new mate, I can't tell. It's been so long since I've seen any of them.

There's been 3 Nuthatches acting very territorial today, chasing each other off the feeders and through the hedges. They're so noisy too.
The Dunnocks don't get much of a mention do they, as they just keep themselves to themselves, so I thought I'd add a photo of one today.
Some more plants flowering in the garden, would love to put a name to them but this plant looks like 8 virtually identical ones in my flower book and I'm not confident enough to name it. If you can tell me please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment