Thursday 24 June 2010

Quiet Again

It's gone quiet again here. It must be because the temperature has soared again. Both Blue Tit families have shown their faces but only briefly. The Blue Tit with four chicks kept her chicks in pairs all the time they were in the garden. Which made feeding them quite exhausting for her. In previous years she's always fed them together on the feeder. I wonder if there's a Sparrow Hawk about and she's edging her bets keeping them apart? The wild bit is growing amazingly well, I wonder how many hundreds of plants are growing in there. I spotted a lot of these large flies in the wild bit.
And the Woodpeckers stopped by briefly this evening. Still no sign of their chicks. I noticed the Cuckoo Spit on the plants is dripping? Sounds strange I know but I actually saw water drops dripping from the leaves today. One of the cats left us a Slow Worm outside the back door. Fingers crossed he'll survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment