Saturday 29 May 2010

Woodie Loves Mashed Potato

Cold and Wet is the only way I can describe this morning although it did warm up slightly in the afternoon. I've discovered our Woodpeckers love Mashed Potato. I put some out last night and they couldn't get enough of it. This Nuthatch and Great Tit braved the rain to get the peanuts. The Nest Box has taken another hammering and now the post has broken off. Thankfully this hasn't disturbed the adults too much and they're still feeding at minute intervals. I could actually hear the chicks calling inside today every time they heard a parent approaching. Not quite as cute as Blue Tit chicks but my Inca Tomato plant which I thought had died seems to have sprung a second life next to some Mange Tout. I've not spotted Mr No Tail in the garden since a few days after his accident. However, I spotted this Male Black Bird on the Telegraph Pole. Too far away to identify him for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment