Friday 28 May 2010

Snail Attack


Last night, I did a midnight Snail and Slug hunt in my Veg Patch. I found 3 huge snails tucking away on my greens. I carefully removed them and took them over to the field where they can munch at whatever they want without damaging my salad garden. Today its been beautiful, not too hot with a gentle breeze. The Buzzard was having a hard time from the Crows. This Goldfinch popped around for a short while, I don't think he appreciated the competition for the Niger Seeds. The Blue Tit Chicks were being feed an assortment of things today. In this photo he looks like he has a beak full of beetles or even wasps. And in this one it's green caterpillar's. I planted out my Sunflowers today. I pinched a few seeds from my Wild Bird Food and they seem to be growing really well. My Scotch Broth Peas are doing even better. I'm not sure what I should be doing with them now, should I plant outside or keep inside? As they weren't from a conventional seed packet I don't know what exactly they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment