Sunday 23 May 2010

We have babies

I walked up to the top of the garden today and noticed the Nest Box had been moved. It is still hanging there on a nail but instead of being horizontal its now an 45 degree angle. Initially I was worried the crows had tried to get in from above but then after watching 2 very busy little Blue Tits zooming in and out constantly, I realised it was likely to be their actions that had done it. So YES we have babies. I watched the Blue Tits too'ing and fro'ing with green grubs for their babies all day. Fascinating to watch. The garden was full of amazing looking bugs today, the Sunshine must be bringing them all out. I even spotted these Beetles mating in the grass. The Woodpecker was around all day and is making a right mess of the telegraph pole nearby. My Instant Scotch Broth Mix Peas are doing really well. My mum gave me a lovely old book today dating back to 1938. The preface had me in tears where the author described the love people had for birds and why. He said we can't help but admire their courageousness and gave examples of how a mother Linnet would not leave her chicks in a gorse fire, and covered them until she was burnt to death. Gosh I'm filling up again, reading it. The drawings in the book are lovely although a few of the colours are interesting especially on their Robin picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment