Saturday 1 May 2010

Squabbles at the feeder

Its been raining on and off all day today and the temperature has definitely dropped. The Jays are back visiting the garden regularly again. The garden has been busy though with lots of squabbles between the Goldfinches and the Siskins for the Niger Seeds. Yesterday I transplanted some Night Scented Stocks seedlings into the wild bit of the garden but today something has walked straight over them and made a hole right down next to them. A little vole by the looks of it. Oh we've had a fox in the garden, well we have some fox pooh which is next best thing to seeing one, well almost. And even more exciting is ...... there are strands of sheep wool sticking out of one of the nest box holes. Unfortunately it's the box the other side of the summer house which I can't see from the garden or house so I can't say for sure who's building their nest but the Blue Tits where looking enthusiastically at it the other day. I wonder if I'll be able to hear whats going on in the box when I'm sat relaxing in the summerhouse? The walls are only one ply thick so I should be able to hear something. No sign of Mr No Tail I'm afraid today. The Raspberry Canes which appeared in the wild patch out of no where last year have just started to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment