Friday 30 April 2010

Mr No Tail Update

I suppose I better start with an update on Mr No Tail. Well I caught a glimpse of him around 4.30pm and he's still in a bad way. Although he did manage to fly from under the hedge onto the lawn and pick up some food. But then the Crows appeared and started dive bombing him again.When I saw him on the lawn his wing was dropped but that maybe just to help keep him upright with only one leg. Main thing is, he's still alive and still eating. As for Mrs No Tail I am totally disappointed in her. No sooner as her hubby been injured, she's off over the hedge flirting with a new adult male who's just happened to turned up. She's shameless! And there's poor Mr No Tail calling every now and again from beneath the hedge and I bet all he can hear is this new male courting his woman and he's helpless to put up a fight. On a happier note the garden has been full of birds again today. And even though it was raining hard I spotted this Goldfinch drinking from the feeder bowl. The Woodpecker has been around all day so I've been trying to get my woodie in flight shot. I got quite a few near misses but non that were sharp. I'll keep trying. The Woodpecker had a choking fit at the feeder. He was gagging for a couple of minutes before he flew off into the tree's, I hope he's ok.Finally, what a wonderful sunset we had tonight. They said weeks ago that the Volcanic dust could lead to some spectacular ones and I think they're here. Last nights was awesome too.

No comments:

Post a Comment