Monday 1 February 2010

Snowdrops

I was trying to take some bird in flight shots again today although I knew the sky was too dark. I did manage to get these photo's of a little Blue Tit in action but I just wish the sun had been out. I had a phone call this morning and on the other end was a very excited voice saying they had Snowdrops in their garden. Obviously I dropped everything and dashed outside to see if mine where out too. And sure enough there they where, in little clusters beneath the shelter of the hedge. The others out in the open haven't flowered just yet. The Jays were enjoying the Monkey nuts as usual. I got this lovely action shot of a Jays bum! I had another bird with a poorly leg in the garden today. This little Blue Tit was really struggling to stand on his one leg and eat at the same time. In the end he did what Ian the Chaffinch does and sat on his belly to eat.

1 comment:

  1. Snowdrops? Hurray for the optimism they bring. Only one or two in my garden so far (how many years will they keep flowering for? Some plants are v old. Spring will come...

    ReplyDelete