Saturday 6 February 2010

My Metal Detectoring

After all that snow it was great to see the sun back and I finally got a chance to try out my new Metal Detector. I went over into the farmers field where the moles have been quite prolific recently. I got my detector off freecycle (free online recycling project) it looks brand new but there were no instructions so it was a bit of trial by error but I think I had it set up ok. Alan came with me and he was soon joined by a beautiful Welsh Pony (His photo). I've wanted to have a go at Metal Detectoring for such a long time that I didn't care what I found. My first beep came after only a couple of minutes. It was a tent peg and to add to the excitement it wasn't even bent! My second find was also a tent peg and so was my third and fourth. My fifth find was to my relief was a rusty piece of fencing instead. But then came more tent pegs, so much so that seven tent pegs later I decided to go back to the garden and try it. I was sure I would find something different in there. Even the springs from a clothes peg would be fantastic after all the tent pegs. But guess what was the first thing I found!!! You got it, A flipping tent peg! I couldn't believe it. It was a lot longer than all the others and looked a lot older but it was still only a tent peg. I did find a button though, not sure how it beeped the detector, maybe that was a coincidence as its made of plastic. Whilst we were in the garden, Alan spotted a new hole, a big one too. It has to be a Rabbit or maybe something slightly bigger but as we've not seen a single mammal in the garden for ages it's a strange find.I noticed that behind the Summer House we have the most delightful display of Snowdrops hidden away. At the end of the afternoon we sat at the top of the garden and enjoyed a well earned cup of tea. We had only just sat down when the woodpeckers appeared and started taking turns to climb up the telegraph pole. They never appeared on it at the same time, as one flew off the other flew on.

2 comments:

  1. hello friends! that good information is obtained in places like this, thank you all for making this a reality

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete