Wednesday 24 February 2010

The melt

Well I think I over estimated the extent of getting snowed in. Even though last night we had 6 inches of snow in just over an hour, by the time I woke up this morning it had virtually all gone. The sun was warm and strong which made a perfect day for a walk. One of the fields I passed near my house has the most unusual mounds. I think they may be Ant hills but I've never seen a Green Woodpecker there so I suppose they may just be tufts of grass or grown over mole hills? I can't get close enough to really tell as they are fenced off. If anyone knows, I'd be keen to know exactly what they are. This afternoon the moon was out very early. Our three Siskins are still here too. The tree's in the garden were full of birds today, singing beautifully. Although there had been a big melt this morning there was still some snow in the garden. I was looking at all the different tracks in the snow including this Cat track when I spotted this other unusual marking. It caught my eye as it looks just like a love heart with something in the middle. I haven't a clue what made it or how.

No comments:

Post a Comment