Monday 11 January 2010

Blurry Shots

The Stream next to the house
I have to be honest, I've only spent ten minutes today looking out at the garden as I've been busy getting ready for my Shetland trip. I did take a few photographs but as you can see the conditions were not right today for bird action shots. The shot itself is just what I wanted but the day was so dull I couldn't get a quick enough shutter speed to get a crisp sharp photo. I do still like them though, just wish they were sharp. This Chaffinch certainly means business where that poor little Blue Tit is concerned. Oh I have sad news. I found one of the Robins dead today. I have a feeling it was 'Cheeky' the stray cat but I didn't see him do it, so it's unfair really to blame him. I don't mind too much if they actually eat them as that's nature but when they just kill them and leave them, that's just horrid. Back onto better news, Thank you to everybody who got in touch after the Northern Lights entry. So many of you stayed up the following night to have a look too. I think the best view was had by a lovely couple who live in Beddgelert. They didn't see anything moving but they did see a definite glow coming from the North at 2am and 4am.
Did I mention that we now have 3 Crows living in the tree at the top of the garden? They still don't come down to the feeder which I am quite happy about as they would eat everything in a matter of minutes. Well, I am now going to finish packing and I will see you all in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment