Saturday 16 January 2010

Back from Shetland

I'm back. It's been a great few days but the weather was against us as far as the Lights were concerned. Our best views were on night two. The sky was cloudy but was glowing very bright. Every now and again, dark streaks would glide over then other parts would flash, with the brightness changing across the clouds all the time. It was a shame as the Northern Lights were putting on a great show above the clouds and all we got to see were flashing clouds. Still I am not complaining as I had my own personal show here in Capel Curig last week and that's more than I could ever have wished for.
I've not had long watching the garden today but the main noticable difference is that the snow has all gone. Now this is a strange one, I saw we still have 3 Robins today. So the one which was killed last week was either not one of ours or another one has come and taken his place already. They are acting the same, chasing each other constantly so I reckon these are the originals. I counted 8 Black Birds in the short time I was watching and 2 Nuthatches. Over in Shetland we were lucky to see hundreds of migrating Geese and of course the authentic Shetland Pony.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your photographs are great, they never fail to make me smile :) Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Auntie Lou your pictures are amazing :)i dont know how you do it.
    Love from emily i

    ReplyDelete