Thursday 29 October 2009

How quick is that!

Virtually over night my lawn has been covered by a mass of small fungi. Its incredible how quick that has happened as I didn't see any yesterday when I went out. I don't think I'll ever stop being amazed by what happens out there.

Mr Sparrow was joined by a proper flock of females today. There must have been at least 10 of them which I've not seen before. In fact the for the last 12 years I think the most I've ever seen in the garden at once is 5. I wonder where they have all come from?
It looks like the birds have been pecking away at the wood on the new boxes I put out last month. The lawn was feeling very spongy today and has what looks like worm casts appearing all over it. I'm not too great on plant ID but I saw these seeds and just had to take a photo as they look so unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment