Wednesday 23 September 2009

Mysterious Sweetcorn and a New Visitor

Phil visited this morning. I didn't actually see him myself but my mum took this fantastic photo for me and has let me put it online as part of my blog. I love the expression on his face. Snarly Sid has been chasing poor Squizz around the garden again, the little monster!

I bought a new feeder the other day so I thought I would take a photo of it for the blog. I saw the Nuthatch feeding then fly off and then land again but it wasn't until I saw the photo that I realised there were actually 2 birds there. Could have sworn I'd only seen one. Then this afternoon Snarly Sid realised how easy it was to take it off the pole and open. He spent a good half hour filling his face full of nuts and the proceeded to bury the rest one by one in the garden, which took him the rest of the afternoon. I also think one of the Squirrels is the culprit for the sweetcorn cob which mysteriously appeared on one of the garden chairs over night!
Oh we've had a new visitor in the garden this evening. I had just put the food out for the Hedgehogs and foxes when this fellow turned up. He has a beautiful coat and looks well fed so maybe he has moved into a house nearby? Will ask around tomorrow to see, just in case some one's missing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment