Sunday 9 August 2009

WASPS 4 - ALAN 0

(Hoverfly, I think, need to check)

Well today saw the latest in the battle of Alan verses the wasps. Since his stinging on three separate occasions last week , Alan has been out to get his revenge on the wasps. First he tried normal household wasp spray, squirted directly down the hole which worked for approximately 10 seconds! So he tried again and again but still they kept coming. His last attempt yesterday involved some specially created foam, fantastic stuff apparently. Anyway today, I was out in the garden and apart from a white foam covered nest the wasps where happily going in and out of their nest as usual. I think they may now recognise him though as one followed him tonight into the house and stung him again!
I bought a lovely new feeder yesterday. It has a spike through the middle where you can thread apples of fat balls. The tits love it and so far the squirrels haven't shown any interest, which is great.
I also saw one of the Blue Tit chicks playing on the hammock today.
My garden still looks like a builders yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment