Friday 5 June 2009

Midges & Snow

I had planned to start today's blog by going on about the nightmare midges which have now appeared in the garden. I got eaten alive last night outside. BUT............ I saw the mountain weather forecast today and it's forecast snow for the weekend! So that will be goodbye to the midges for a while, yipppeeeee
The temperature has certainly dipped today and the bird table was busy again. I got this lovely shot of a female chaffinch in flight today, which I was really chuffed with. I think I saw a Wood Warbler in the garden today too, which is quite a rare treat. The Song Thrush still isn't showing very well though so still not managed to get a nice photo of her.

I found this Marble Gall squashed in the trunk of a rotten branch last night. It may have been there a while. Looks like a birdie was very determined to get at the larvae inside.


We had another new visitor today. I felt so sorry for him. He'd lost all the feathers from his head, I'm guessing from some sort of mite infection, bless him. 'Mr No Tail' wasn't quite so sympathetic though, took one look at him and chased him away.
And finally another bug shot, some sort of garden flee I think they call them. (Nothing to do with the animal variety)

No comments:

Post a Comment