Thursday 4 June 2009

The anvil stone and the mysterious hole




Mr Blackbird

Well I haven't managed to get a nice photo of the Song Thrush yet but I did come across the anvil stone she uses to smash the shells of the snails, before she eats them. Pretty gruesome!


It was lovely to see the little Dunnock chick appear today though, almost hard to distinguish him from his parents now.


Oh yes, this hole appeared over night, not sure what's made it, could be a few things so will be keeping a close eye on it over the next few days and hopefully I'll be able to tell you.

The cheeky Jays were being very bold this evening, feeding from the bird table. Took a photo of another bug which I can't fnd in any of my books yet. Hopefully will be able to update a name for it soon.


And finally here's a photo of one of the Sparrow chicks. There's 3 of them all together from two different broods and they are all thriving. This is the little female.

No comments:

Post a Comment