Saturday 14 August 2010

Village Show

I can't believe its a week since I last posted, time seems to be rushing by so quick yet I'm not getting anything done. Today is the day of our big Horticultural Show. I have been hankering a little pipe dream of entering this year, with my Carrots, Tomatos, Peas and Potatoes. However, its 6.30am and I haven't even started digging anything up and I know nothing about how to enter veg in a competition. Do you cut the stalks, trim the leaves, polish the pods? So I think for once I'll have to just dream a little longer. I've been so tired last few days that I've been reliant on other people to take photo's for me, mainly my mum and Alan and I am so grateful. Its amazing how much can change in the garden in just one week. We've had Visits from Squirrels (I think this is Squizz). The Woodpeckers have been here a lot even in the horrid rain we've had and to our delight the Greenfinches returned although but for a day. The sunflowers are my pride and joy right now although I have to admit, about 6 feet shorter than I what I had visualised when planting. I'm not 100% sure but I think and I may have said this before, we have a piar of juvenile RedStarts using our front field to hunt. The tail flick is there the red markings are starting to look right, could be another one for the garden tick list very shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment