Thursday 5 August 2010

Spiders Nest


My mum came over today so we had a great look around the garden. The most creepy find was this spider on my Pepper Plant. We noticed the leaves were getting eaten but no snails about but my very brave mother folded the leaves back gently and we finally discovered this female spider. In her arms she was rolling up a huge nursery of baby spiders. I had the decision on weather to leave them and say good by to my one and only pepper plant or should I get rid of them. I decided to pull the leaf off and place it in the wild bit of the garden where they should survive. The wild bit in the garden is full of Raspberries my poor mum slipped on an ants nest whilst trying to reach the juiciest fruits for me. Luckily she didn't get bitten. My Lavender is in flower now, I cant resist running my hands through every time I pass the bushes. My Sunflowers are doing well. My Tallest one has about 10 heads on it and the shorter one which is just about to flower is 10 inches shorter. They must have been different plants as I got them from my bird food mix. Talking of food mixes, my dried Scotch Broth mix peas are doing really really well. I had to laugh at Cheeky the Stray today. He managed to sneak himself into the spare bedroom then got locked in. First we new about it was when I looked up and spotted him on the window sill.

No comments:

Post a Comment