Monday 28 June 2010

Siskins Return

What a strange day we've had weather wise. The forecast said 'hottest day of the year', yet we have been under thick grey cloud all day. The wind picked up mid afternoon and now its pouring down. So much for a summers day. Thankfully the feeder has been used lots today with the return of the Siskins. I've not seen them since before I went away on holiday weeks ago. My baby Woodpecker stopped by again too but I wasn't quick enough to take any photo's. The Blue Tit chicks are now venturing to the feeder all on their own now. During a brief spot of sunshine this morning the crows ventured into next doors garden. Then seem to be going in there most days now yet never brave my garden. I spotted the Jays and a juvenile Great Tit feeding in the grass. I have absolutely no idea what this creature it, maybe a grasshopper? My mum snapped this shot for me yesterday. I can see through my window that I have 2 red ripe strawberries ready for eating but it's raining so hard outside that I don't want to get wet. What a dilemma

No comments:

Post a Comment