Saturday 24 April 2010

Cuckoo Cuckoo


A Cuckoo has arrived! A week earlier than last year but now Spring has officially begun. I took this photo of one last year and it's one of my favourites, so here it is again, coz I love it. Late last night the weirdest thing happened. I went outside to call 'Cheeky' the cat in and spotted two Hedgehogs at the top of the steps being quite noisy. Next thing I see is one of the Hedgehogs bouncing down the steps and eventually landing at the bottom curled up in a ball. He uncurled himself but didn't look great. He just stood where he landed for a good twenty minutes. I couldn't see anything wrong with him but I didn't want to get too close and scare him anymore. So I went back to bed but soon realised that the way the garden is laid out he couldn't possibly get back up to where he was without having to walk down the side and in front of two houses and then up the track leading back to the gardens. So I got up and made a hedgehog friendly staircase. The falling Hedgehog had already gone but at least its there for next time. This morning I spotted some blood on the steps which I hope didn't come from the hedgehog last night. On a happier note I saw a Blue Tit go into the Bird Box on the side of my Summer House today. Maybe they're planning on nesting there? Lets hope so. In the front garden my first Beetroot seed has germinated .

No comments:

Post a Comment