Saturday 13 February 2010

Woodpeckers

I've not got much to tell you today but I did take a couple of photographs which made me smile. The woodpeckers are in fine colour. But just in case you think all my shots are sharp and clear just take a look at this one. I've been trying to get a photo of a woodpecker in flight but as you can see, I need to keep trying with the focusing. I had some blueberries as a midnight snack last night but had left them too long and they were a little too ripe so the birds got an extra treat today. The Black birds loved them. Even the Robins had a little nibble too. I just love this photo of a Blue Tit coming in to land. Its crying out for a caption. Back to the woodpeckers. I watched a pair of them chasing each other through the bare branches this afternoon. Their colours stood out brilliantly against the dark backdrop of the trees. And finally one of the Chaffinch's, the sunshine made taking photo's such a joy today.



Thank you to everybody who's emailed me about my poor camera. Especially 'TheSteB', you were spot on, Bug hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment