Saturday 20 February 2010

Lazy Moo Me

I got up sooooo late today that the sunshine had gone behind the house and left the feeder in darkness. So not to be beaten I dug out all my favourite unusual feeders and put them on the line further up the garden. I thought it would be fun to see which feeders the birds preferred etc. Well I don't know if it was the food they preferred or the feeder but the square suet feeder won by miles, as usual. Second came the long ironwork fat ball holder. The only down side with this one is you need to leave the balls in the net bags which as I'm always saying I've not got a problem with but I do take them out when there's a choice. I saw this Robin enjoying a left over pancake today and then flew of sharpish when a Great tit appeared wanting a bit. I watched the Buzzards behaving strangely aswell. There was one on top of the high crag behind our house and he dived, much like a Perguin Falcon, all the way to the river, calling as he did. He was like a bullet. Then a minute later he flew gently back up the hillside, stopping for a rest in several trees on his way up. One of the Siskins was here again today but as you can see he was on the feeder which was in the shade by the time Lazy Moo Me got up. And after taking this photo I realised I needed to clean the water dish, no wonder the birds were using the old one up the garden today.

No comments:

Post a Comment