Saturday 9 January 2010

Sooooo Excited


I have some fantastic news, can't wait to tell you. I've just heard from Lancaster University where they measure levels of geomagnetic activity, and guess what, there were higher than normal levels in the early hours of Friday morning. Confirming that those mysterious lights I saw on Friday morning could very well be the Northern Lights. How incredible is that. It's been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember to see them, so I was scared to say it was definitely was as I wanted it to be so much. But now its official and I am so incredibly excited. Oh and guess what, the levels are up again tonight, so guess what I'll be doing this evening!
OK back to the wildlife and I have some more exciting news. Gosh there's so many happy things happening today I could burst. I woke up this morning to find another new visitor to the garden and guess what, I even managed to get a photo. It was a Fieldfare. It's another bird which is usually seen in flocks, which has appeared in my garden all alone. Wonder why I'm attracting all the single lonely ones? I don't mind if it keeps bringing all these wonderful birds to my garden. I wonder if i was the cold on his feet which made him stand on one leg and keep swapping or was he just doing the what birds do when they sleep? Today wasn't quite so good for birds in flight photo's but I did manage a couple of action shots which I liked. Well this is one very happy bunny signing off. x x

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The Northern Lights! It is my dream to see them too, and it amazing to see those wonderful photographs of them, thank-you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birds in flight photos are so beautiful. Thank you. Sue

    ReplyDelete