Monday 26 October 2009

Redfoot & foxes


Not much time in the garden today but did get a quick glimps of Redfoot munching his way through some peanuts. Golden leaves still falling and covering the lawn. Not seen the hedgehogs for ages now, hybernating already or is it still a bit early? We did get a frost last week which usually triggers it.
I didn't mention it at the time but a hunt came through 2 weeks ago. Seven 4x4's with dogs made their way behind the house and onto the hill and sadly I've not seen a single fox since. Even the cat food I've left outside hasn't been touched. So so sad. I think I need a rare migrant to visit to cheer me up. I keep checking the Chaffinches in the hope a Brambling could be hanging out with them. I did find a dead one complete with a huge bug stuck in his beak on the lane a couple of years ago so it is definitely a possibility. I can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment