Sunday 20 September 2009

Lots to tell

I seem to have lots of things to report but not many photo's today.
I'll start with the sad news, I found the remains of one of the Nuthatch chicks this morning. He'd been killed by the Sparrow Hawk, such a shame. On a happier note though we have a pair of Coal Tit's visiting the garden now. I've only ever seen the odd one before.
I realised today I've not seen any of the blackbirds for ages, not even Mr No Tail. I'm hoping they've just found a good natural food source somewhere nearby and will all come back when the weather starts to get colder. Even the Jay numbers have dwindled. I'm lucky to see two at a time now unlike 6 weeks ago when I had up to 16 in the garden at once. And where are the Woodpeckers? So hoping they are with the blackbirds munching on wild fruit and bugs in the woods.
Oh, what I did see yesterday which is brillaint was a Kingfisher flying over the garden. There is a stream about 150 yards away from the house and a river about 500 yards away so I'm guessing he came from there. It was great to see even though it was quite a shock to look up and see a kingfisher flying overhead.
Baby Bunny has been in the garden again today, making the most of the lawn not being cut for quite a while I think.
Oh yes yes yes, just remembered something else. I saw a field mouse in the compost bin tonight. He was munching on the remains of a cob of sweetcorn. I think thats it for today, hopefully I'll have some more photographs for tomorrows blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment