Saturday 5 September 2009

A FEW DAYS AWAY

I always worry when I've been away, that when I return all the wildlife that I regularly feed will have disappeared, but I really shouldn't worry. When I arrived home the garden was as busy as ever. I even spotted a little baby rabbit sheltering from the rain under the fire pit. As soon as he spotted me though he hopped off into the long grass. The Robin was busy tackling a worm, whilst his chick looked on.
Oh latest news on the wasps. If ever you need to get rid of a wasps nests humanly then call in my friend Wil. His accidentle landing on the nest whilst playing football last week seems to have done the trick. There was not a single wasp seen in the garden at all today. Although he did have to suffer for our new sense of freedom around the nest site, the poor thing. Worth every sting though (ok easy to say when I didn't get stung) but at least they have now gone without having to use any more nasty sprays etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment