Tuesday 9 June 2009

Savage Garden

I think this is one of my favourite flowers in the garden and I'm not really sure what it is. It appears in the same place every year but there's only ever just the one.


Well Mr No Tail showed his mercyless side today as he got to grips with an adult slow worm. It took him almost 5 minutes to kill it. I thought that when its tail came off in is beak he would be satisfied but no, he spat it out and carried on pecking to death the main body. What a horrid way to go. The slow worm was so big, he had to break it in 3 to carry it back to his chicks. Then shortly after that I saw one of the Jays grab a fledgling from one of the bushes and fly away with it in its claws. I think I'll need counselling if it carries on like this.

Bee (not sure what sort yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment