Tuesday 19 May 2009

Flippin Flora!

Last night I was updating my bird list when my friend texted to say I needed to add a Flora list to my blog aswell. I thought 'what a great idea' until I realised that I am absolutely useless at naming plants and grasses. However, today I made a start, a very slow start but it is a start. The bluebells and buttercups came easy but it took 4 books and 2 people to name the Hairy Bitter-Cress! I soon discovered it will be easier to wait for each plant to flower before I try identifying them, so this list will hopefully increase week by week throughout the summer. Either that or I'll be laying a huge amount of decking very soon!


Not much new in the garden today. The Jays have been out in force again terrorising the poor blackbirds. The Sparrow chicks are now feeding themselves and I think I caught a glimps of a nuthatch chick but not certain. I'm going back to hit the wild flower books again now, wish me luck.
Herb Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment